A pre-pregnancy consultation is a valuable opportunity to optimise your reproductive health prior to pregnancy and one of the most effective ways of ensuring the best possible outcome.
This consult helps you become fully informed about fertility, conception and the pregnancy journey. Early review allows for a careful assessment of your general and reproductive history and any bearing this may have upon a future pregnancy. Having identified any risk, certain investigations, interventions and treatments can be introduced to minimise this before the commencement of your pregnancy.
Relevant topics that will be covered during your extended pre-pregnancy consultation with Jonathan include:
- Medical and surgical history
- Pregnancy and gynaecological history
- Medication review
- Lifestyle factors and exercise
- Diet and weight gain
- Vitamins and supplements
- Food safety in pregnancy
- Genetic risks and screening options
- Optimising natural fertility and conception
- Fertility assessment and advice
- Pregnancy care (an overview of the pregnancy ahead)
Patients are encouraged to bring a list of any questions or concerns they have.